A couple of interesting articles from over 25 years ago have appeared on the Down the Years section of The Kerryman newspaper recently, although the subject is Castleisland the similarities with the current situation with the Tralee – Fenit and the North Kerry line are uncanny:
- A community that is crying out for a unused railway to be revitalised.
- The land in question is state owned
- A project that is part of the county development plan
- Owners ( Irish Rail) who want to transfer the ownership to the local authority (Kerry Co Co)
- And a local authority (Kerry Co Co) sitting on their hands !
We wonder how that turned out…